Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Friday, December 20, 2013

Seasonal wishes for my SepiaSaturday friends

This week's prompt for SepiaSaturday got me looking for bygone Christmases.  I came up with these pictures:

 Here I am with my niece and nephew Christmas 1971.  Dad would always go out and cut a "real" Christmas tree, some of them had odd shapes, but the smell always was so nice....
 Speaking of Dad, here is me, Dad (who thought he would don  a wig on for the pic) and my sister, Christmas 1971.
 I am holding my firstborn, David, Christmas 1972.  I am wearing the "going away" dress from my wedding from a couple of years prior to this.  It seems any girl getting married had to have a "going away" dress for the honeymoon.  I made this one (you guessed it) out of polyester crimpknit.  Who remembers sewing with that material?
 MY friend and I each holding one of my daughter's "Cabbage Kid Doll", that was all the rage back in the '70's.
My little brood, David, Christina, and Andrew around 1984 or 1985.  Where have the years gone?  Now they are all grown and away.

Finally, I will finish with  this collage of pictures I took this past year, just to bring us up to the present.

Please go to www.sepiasaturday.blogspot.com  for more seasonal wishes, for all the unChristian people, I wish you all Happy Holidays, Happy Hannakuh, whatever you celebrate, please have a good time over the next couple of weeks.....

15 comments:

  1. What wonderful happy pictures of days & events to remember! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas, Rosie; so nice to see you and your family over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Rose. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made me laugh! Crimpknit... I had forgotten what it was called.
    You should have seen my "going away" outfit in 1972!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Jackie, crimpknit was a heavy fabric, I took my sewing course in the winter time prior to my summer wedding in July and didn't think of hot it would be when I got married. Whew, I was not long taking it off and donning something lighter for the rest of the trip....

      Delete
  5. Lovely memories, so good to look back, sometimes with a tear in one eye. I remember crimplene it was called in Switzerland, it was in for a while , now it's cotton, linen and wool again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos. David sure looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid in his red and white checked outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Xmas memories, and to have a white Christmas, which is unheard of here in Aus. I have experienced one in Germany in 1969, plus a couple of cold and frosty Christmases in England.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful photos of happy Christmases. Rosie.
    Have a wonderful time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas. I enjoyed the photos of several decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet Christmas photos outnumber other family photo types in everyone's snapshot shoe box. Best wishes for a joyful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see the young Rosie and her family enjoying Christmas past.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I could have fit into my going-away outfit after giving birth. I enjoyed these photos, especially your dad in a wig. He had such a young face. I can't imagine he was bald or anything, so he was just being extra silly, right? Happy New Year, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful family joy ! Beautiful photos !
    Searching for beauty and find hope!
    Happy 2014 ! Leovi .

    ReplyDelete