Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pierre Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada

This week's theme seems to be a political figure and security.  I chose this picture of Canada's prime minister, Pierre Trudeau at the height of his popularity.  He was prime minister 1968-1979 and again 1980-1984. He died in 2000.  In this picture the officer in the background doesn't seem to like the way the crowd was surrounding Trudeau.  Everyone wanted a piece of him, then later on in his political life, others wanted a piece of him (but for different reasons than to kiss him).  You had to either hate him or love him I guess.htpp://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com

18 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that he was Prime Minister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies Postcardy, time flies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember him; the ladies loved him. That's half a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m with Bob on this....where did the years ago. Personally I never saw the appeal. I do remember he had a long-suffering wife though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strangely, when I think of Trudeau I think of discotheques. He was perhaps the hippest head-of-state ever. I don't even remember his politics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tattered and Lost----Part of his politics was a "just society".

    He is probably the only world leader to tell a heckler to "fuddle duddle" himself (in public that is).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember him well. Looking from afar, there was a certain film-star quality about him when he was first elected, part of that new generation of politicians that were far removed from the stuffiness of the 1950s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember we had a half day off school when he came to our hometown. He sat on the back of a convertible on top of the seat, we girls just swooned, he looked so much like a movie star, we couldn't have the Beatles, but we had Pierre Elliot Trudeau with long hair, that was good enough for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that same impression of Trudeau, as perhaps one of the first to realise that you could attract the young vote very simply!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw but Brett, you have to have charisma too......and that is not always simply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, he charmed the pants right off them, so to speak :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the level of adoration many politicians secretly yearn for. Few of them ever experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never did know a lot about him but I am a history buff and definitely remember him. A perfect photo for today's them.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely seemed to be a popular figure. I can't fathom any presidential figure giving this much access anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seem to recall something about cocaine and Hamilton Jordan, but maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Instead of Alan's photo theme choice of President Wilson almost falling into a woman's arms, your photo is more a variation of President Clinton embracing Monica Lewinsky. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did they actually embrace?.......

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive