Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My first (but not last) visit to the West Coast, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Taken through the airplane window, the Canadian Rockies, what gigantic mountains!!

 The object of my visit to Vancouver, my 18 month old grandaughter, Katie Rose!!!

This is called "rock balancing".  People gather rocks and try many before they will perfectly balance.  This picture was taken at Ambleside, Vancouver.

There was a display at the Museum of Vancouver called "Chic Fashions".  This was early and late 1920's and 1930's.  Beautiful gowns, (and there were many)!, I could have stayed there all day!!

I was thrilled beyond words when I spied this in the "History of Vancouver".  They are called white bucks and saddle shoes and I wore this kind when I was in elementary school in mid '50's.  I remember taking out the white shoe polish and making sure that the white was kept white, (except in a class photo where my whites didn't seem to be too white).

Of course, we visited the restaurant, "Fraiche" in West Vancouver where my son is doing his Chef apprenticeship.  Good food, good service!  I had an arugula salad followed by grilled halibut, and creme brule for dessert......yum yum.

While I was there, it was cherry blossom time, what a glorious sight  we witnessed as we went up and down streets!
Deep Cove in North Vancouver, I fell in love with this little cove, so picturesque and tranquil.

Of course, I took over 500 pictures, but thought I had better just post a few.  Besides, I will have to save some space for my next visit to the West Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment