Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Friday, August 9, 2013

4th and last night of the 56th Miramichi Annual Folksong Festival

 Here we are the last night, this is The Gillis Family from Redbank, NB
 Terry Whalen Jr. showed up and sang us a few songs, he is a local.
 Ivan Hicks from Sussex, NB comes up every year since 1987.  He is a great fiddler, last night, he actually sang!!! Who knew?  He sang one of Stompin' Tom Connor's songs, he has a lovely voice!!   When he got off the stage, I told him I never knew he could sing, he laughingly said, "Neither did I"....
This was the lovely painting I was selling tickets on at the door.  It is called "Mystic Miramichi".  Painted by artist, Edie Szabo -Englehart.
 Ah---Finally the Jam Session at the Black Horse Tavern across the street from the Folksong Festival!  Matilda Murdoch was in attendence, she is a local 94 year old fiddler, I don't know when she went home, I left at 1am and she was still there enjoying herself!!!
 Ian Craig from Scotland, Greg Hover from New York, and Gerry Roberts from Ireland belting out a song!
 All I know is that her name is Stephanie, she came from Bathurst, NB to be with us at the Jam Session.
 The Gillis Family, Margaret Steiner, Greg Hover, and Melanie Ross Breen.
 Here is the inside of the program with a reminder of next year's dates for the next Annual Folksong Festival, can't believe it is here and gone!
This is the next festival in Miramichi, the Acadian Festival August 15. (My roots)  Will have to attend this in some manner, probably just for lunch as I will be working that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive