Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Saturday, October 10, 2015

SepiaSaturday, October 10, 2015

I looked high and low, and could not find a photo that closely resembled the expressions on those poor unhappy face that was the prompt for this week, so came up with these:

These are my three Great Aunts, Sarah, Sophie, and Roseanne.  When my Mother opened her house as an inn a few years back, she named the 3 rooms after these find looking ladies.  When my mother retired and sold the Inn, the new owners kept the name on the doors.

In keeping with the "three in a picture", I am presenting this one of the Grandmother, Marie, her sister, Marguerite and her husband, Maurice, who I think was an avid photographer.  These two ladies are sisters to the three ladies in the picture above.  These sisters, my great aunts were very fashionable dressers!!

 I must have dipped into my great aunts and my grandmother's genes, I like to dress up too!  Here I am pictured going to a Victorian Tea with an elderly neighbor of mine, she loved to dress up too!!

For many more pictures go to  www.sepiasaturday.blogspot.com   Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all those who celebrate it in the Sepian world!!

14 comments:

  1. My mother used to have a fox stole with a head that she wore like the ladies in the second photo. I'm glad that is no longer fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had maiden aunts with those stoles too. I guess we all did. I used to like to wear them in dress-up play. You look splendid in that Victorian dress. Were you comfortable? Why did I ask...I'm sure you were comfortable enough for tea.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was comfortable because I was not wearing a corset!!! I still have that costume because you never know when a Victorian Tea will come around....

      Delete
  2. I found a fox-headed fur stole in a thrift shop once that was perfect for an outfit I had to put together for a play I was in. I, too, love to dress up, & you did it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun that you have two photos with 5 sisters in two different time periods. Both are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly dressed this post with some fine photographs, Rosie! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have enjoyed wearing that Victorian style. Not so sure about the 1920s flapper look, but those cloche hats are quite trendy here, thanks to a period tv series with a stylish lady detective, called the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. You look good in Victorian style. Welcome back to SS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like very much to see some of those series, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Will have to google that!! I am glad to be back to SS!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely idea to name a room for the aunts. I stayed in an inn once where the rooms were named for the original owners and their family. It makes the history more interesting and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three lovely ladies with lovely names; quite an honour to have inn rooms named after them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, Sophie and Roseanne have big hair. I wonder if they used pads to help with the styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't so Lorraine, I believe that was all their hair.

      Delete
  9. I am thrilled you couldn't find a photo to match the theme photo. I mean really, seeing that fella once in my life was enough. Your pretty ladies leave much better memories.

    ReplyDelete