Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Monday, January 7, 2013

Merciful Lord, it was cold....

Since my move to town, I had decided I would walk to work. It is a 15 minute walk, 12 minutes if I am really hurrying.

It didn't seem that cold when I stepped out this morning and began my walk.  Turned out to be around -23 degrees celcius!  So, needless to say, it did not take me too long to get to my destination.

When I got home tonight, it was just starting to get dark.  I really appreciated the heat of my cozy little place.  Walking in the cold reminded me of when I was a little girl.  My siblings and all the neighbors' children went out to play in all the seasons. I don't ever remember my parents saying, "Oh no, you children can't go out to play, it's too cold".  It was "Go outside for awhile and play".

There were all kinds of games we played at each season and we welcomed them just like old friends.  We were near 26 strong when all the neighborhood children were outside playing.  We would occasionally run in our homes, warm up, grab a dry pair of mittens and out we went again, afraid we might miss any of the fun.

Nowadays, kids are stuck in the house either watching TV, playing video games or texting.  No snow forts, no snowball games, or King of the Castle. Sad in a way..........

2 comments:

  1. I would really love to one day be able to just walk to work! It sounds so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Karen, ten years ago, I used to walk to work (I did not own a car). Then I moved too far to walk, now that I have moved back, I look forward to walking to work. Clears the mind to and from work I find.

    ReplyDelete