Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Grandmother Duclos

If you will remember, I posted a picture of my grandparents on their wedding day.  My grandmother Marie is the one on the left, the lady on the right is her sister, Marguerite, and the men in the middle is Marguerite's husband, Maurice.  They came from Northern New Brunswick, but worked in Montreal, Quebec, hence the stylish clothes.

11 comments:

  1. My mother had a fur that looked like those. I can't imagine anyone wearing one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their names...all those M's - and how appropriate that they lived in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We women should unite and begin to wear hats again! ...and I don't mean baseball caps either! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Karen, I love to wear hats. It finishes off an outfit. I am looking forward to waking up early Friday to see all the hats at William and Kate's wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo, and the hats and all the stylish clothing. Reminds me of a few photos of my grandmother that I just came across wearing similar period clothing and hats, the earliest adult photos of her I've ever seen, and so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosie, what a wonderful photo! Everybody looks so happy. I enjoyed seeing you in your Easter Bunny outfit too.

    Happy Sepia Saturday, and Happy Easter!

    Kathy M.

    PS - I re-posted my SS link. If you had a hard time seeing it the first time around, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few photos of women in my family wearing those little foxes. I didn't like the little faces when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish and very much an Easter finery photo - whether taken at Easter or not. I too was taken by the M's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great hats and very stylish ladies :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive