Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge

Mirrored image of the Centennial Bridge
One frosty and very still morning in November, 2010, Centennial Bridge, Miramichi, NB, Canada

About Me

My photo
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Spiritual,fun loving,hard working

Followers

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada

Hay Island, Neguac, New Brunswick, Canada
Reflections in the water

Monday, August 1, 2011

Folksong Festival, Miramichi, NB

This morning, I am off to work at the Folksong Festival here in Miramichi.  It is the longest running Folksong Festival in on this side of the Atlantic.  I do this every year and really enjoy it.  Many performers have been on this stage in the last 50 years or so.  It starts off with a breakfast complete with entertainment and every day luncheons and concerts at nights, all with entertainment!

Then, on Thursday evening, after the concert, we all head down to the Black Horse Tavern to raise a glass (or two--or more) to Perley Hare, an elderly gentleman who, immediately following his perfermance 8-9 years ago, walked over to the Black Horse Tavern, sat down and ordered a drink and was dead before it even got to him. (No, the service wasn't that bad)!!  We have a great Jam Session with all the performers of the concerts and others and have a grand time!  This goes on till the wee hours of the morning although I have to leave early as I have to go to work, tired or not.

Will post pictures later as the week progresses.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want, I demand, plenty of photographs of this. It will be slight compensation for not being there, but it will allow me to imagine I am there enjoying the music as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must certainly will do that Allan! The Miramichi Folksong Festival is held every year the first week of August at the same spot. You and the GLW should plan to attend some year. It is very entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive